Monday, August 9, 2010

At Grave's End (Night Huntress, Book 3)

At Grave's End (Night Huntress, Book 3) Review



This book is actually more of a 3 1/2 star.

While reading my review, keep in mind that I did enjoy the book. I plan to continue reading the series and get the fourth book, but if my problem with this book consumes the next book I think this series and I will have to break up.

I loved a lot of the side characters in this one. Mencheres continues to be intriguing, although at times I just wanted to smack him and tell him to man up. Spade and Annette are back for more page time too. Who really caught my attention in this book was Vlad. He cracked me up. I loved watching the tension between him and Bones. Also, his power was pretty cool. He and Cat have a very powerful scene when Cat is at her lowest. I loved the glimpse we got into his motives and his secret pain.

The plot in this one is pretty simple. There aren't a lot of complicated subplots or hidden motives. That's okay, sometimes simple can be a good thing. Bones and Cat are still together and in love. They actually have some surprising news which Bones takes enormous delight in informing her mother of. The action was fun and I enjoyed the ending. I guess when you get as old as Mencheres you have some pretty wicked powers.

Now, on to my rant:

***SPOILERS***

What is wrong with Cat? Why is she still friends with that little jerk, Tate? Argh! I hate how she refuses to give up friendships/relationships that do nothing but drag her down. If she's supposed to be this kick butt girl why is she letting herself get walked all over by people that are supposed to care about her?

In the first book she let her mom ruin her relationship with Bones and made herself miserable. In the second book she let her mom spew her filthy opinion all over Bones. Why? Why would she still have a relationship with her mom if her mom doesn't add anything to her life? In this book she's resigned to their relationship, but she's still irritating! She's also extremely hypocritical. It's not okay for her daughter to share air space with a vampire, but it's okay for her to sleep with a ghoul? Where does she get off?

Also, why did no one ever confront her on her false rape charges? They acted like she didn't actually do anything wrong because Cat's dad turned out to be a bad guy. That still doesn't excuse her making a false rape charge and using that lie as a club to beat her daughter into the prejudicial mold she cast. Why did no one call her on it? It made me so mad!

I was so excited when I thought Tate might be a bad guy. I did a happy dance when I thought I might be rid of him. I was so bummed when it turned out that he was innocent. Why can't he just go away? He's such a skeeze! He took waaay too much enjoyment out of touching Cat when they were only playing a role. He knew Cat wouldn't let him touch her like that if she wasn't forced to by circumstances, but he is such a pathetic stalker that he didn't care. He groped her and enjoyed it while she sat their trying to figure out how to get out of the situation. I was so uncomfortable with the whole thing. I was really glad when Bones told her he understood why she did it, but it would never happen again.

As much as I hate Tate, it's really Cat's fault that the situation has developed like it has. She should have ended their friendship right when she realized that he had no intention of respecting her relationship with Bones. He tells her he loves her and he's better for her than Bones and tries to touch her all in front of Bones! Bones holds back because Cat would freak out if he didn't, but he should only have to take so much! He was ready to throw away a couple hundred years worth of friendship with Annabelle over her just trying to put doubt in Cat's mind. Why isn't she as committed as he is? You don't subject your husband to your obsessed friend's lustful disrespect. How hard of a concept is that?

Cat said she was realized her priorities and was going to put Bones first. She plans to quit her job, and I pray that means no more Tate.

One more thing that was really well done was Cat's reaction to Bones' disappearance. I hated Tate for trying to mack on her, but I loved her for her reaction to it. I felt her agony while he was gone. When he came back and she didn't want to wake up because she didn't want him to be gone...so sad.



At Grave's End (Night Huntress, Book 3) Feature


  • ISBN13: 9780061583070
  • Condition: New
  • Notes: BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Over one million books sold! 98% Positive feedback. Compare our books, prices and service to the competition. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed



At Grave's End (Night Huntress, Book 3) Overview


Some things won't stay buried . . . at grave's end

It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield's life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she's successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat's worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover's finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger.

As if that wasn't enough, a woman from Bones's past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat's about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she's learned as a special agent won't help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave.







Available at Amazon $7.99 Check It Now!!






Special Price For Now $4.10 Check It Now!!





*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Aug 09, 2010 04:05:10

Loan Consolidation Student Loans

No comments:

Post a Comment